How do you file a Homestead Claim?

The Pawnee County Clerk's office would be happy to assist you in filling out and filing your homestead claim form.

Kansas Homestead claims (K-40H) and Kansas Property Tax Relief claims (K-40PT) can now be filed using the electronic Webfile system. This filing method is safe and secure and you could get your refund faster if you use the direct deposit option! Claims can be submitted after December 31, 2014, but no later than April 15, 2015.

You may also file by paper. Mail your claim to the address shown on the back of your K-40H or K-40PT. Obtain an instruction booklet and the claim forms:

Show All Answers

1. What is a Homestead Refund?
2. How do you file a Homestead Claim?
3. Who may qualify to complete a Homestead Claim online?
4. What you need to file online?
5. What is a Homestead?
6. What is a Household?
7. How are refund claims processed?
8. Who can I call for refund information?
9. How do I make amendments on returns?